Submitted by In the Kitchen with Jennifer, the Fit Foodie
A tasty holiday recipe using quinoa, the gluten-free super grain packed with protein and dietary fiber.Holiday Quinoa,
Makes 4-6 servingsIngredients:
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup blanched sliced almonds
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Cook quinoa according to directions substituting vegetable broth for water.
- In a blender add olive oil, vinegar, curry, turmeric, cayenne, sea salt, and pepper.Pour this onto the cooked quinoa.
- Add grated vegetables, parsley, almonds, cranberries, scallions and red onions; mix well and taste for seasonings.
- Serve warm or at room temperature and enjoy.